Bay of Islands, 16.09.2007 English

Hi,
My first days in New Zealand are great! I am traveling around with the Magic bus in this magic country...
I spent my last 2 days in the Bay of Islands: islands, half-islands, hole in the rock,... a very beautiful scenary. In the bus I met a girl from the UK and a guy from Canada. An English, a Canadian and a Belgian... We had the best time together! At the beginning, the Canadian guy asked my name...I said:'Ruben'.- 'And your surename?'I answered:'Van de Poel'.- 'Van de Poel!? That sounds like a name of a rich diamand trader!'I don't know what is wrong with my surename, but apparently they just love it overseas...! I was never so into that 'surename thing', but dad, thanks for given me that surename. I just love it now! Aussies and Kiwi's find it exotic, fancy, lovely,...:) We had dinner together, had some drinks at the beach, and then we went to a pub to watch the rugby championships... New Zealand against Portugal. I still remember that New Zealand won and that was the beginning of a big celebration...:) Luckily the boat for the Bay of Islands took off at a respectful hour.:)
Tomorrow heading towards Rotorua... C U bro's!:) Ruben

No comments: