Sydney, 16.10.2007

Hello!
On Friday morning I took the plane back to Sydney. It felt quite strange to be back in the town where I was living for about 7 months. I hanged around in the town and in the evening I went to the 'tradition' of the company I worked for:"the Friday drinks". I was very nice to catch up with my friends, to hear about what happened in the department I worked for and how everybody was doing. We planned to have a big leaving party next Friday. We will go to Palms: the eighties bar, which I think is the 'THING TO DO IN SYDNEY'.:) Even the boss will come with us.:)
On Saturday, a friend and I left for a 3-day trip to the Blue Mountains. We went to Jenolan Caves, the biggest caves in the world. Quite impressive... We were back around 4 p.m. on Monday. Because it is very warm in Sydney (about 30 degrees), feels good in comparason to Tasmania and New Zealand (!), I decided spontaneously to go to Bronte Beach. I quitely bought a '10-dollar swimming short' in China-town and took the bus. Lying on the beach, I started to think how good my trip through Australia and New Zealand was and how lucky I can be to be able to do this. Knowing that this is my last week in the South Pacific, it is time to prepare myself for my European come-back. It will be nice to see everybody again, to enjoy the culture and the good food we have in Europe (something that I really missed here), but I am definitely sure that I am going to miss Australia.
I am going to take the bus to Australia's capital Canberra now. According to my Aussie friends, Canberra is 'VERY boring'. It seems like every Aussie hates his capital because it reminds them of obligatory school trips to this 'Boring Town'. I must admit that it is quite strange for a country with such a 'Beach Culture' to chose a town as capital which is even not on the Coast. And all this, just as an answer to the rivalty between Melbourne and Sydney. Although knowing this, I will try to put myself in the bus totally objective and check it all out myself. Will be back in Sydney on Thursday. On Monday, I will take the plane to Hong Kong. Before taking the plane to London and Brussels, I will get out of the plane for 2 full days Hong Kong. I met heaps of people of Hong Kong on my travels to tell me what to do, where to go and where NOT to go! So being well prepared, I am quite excited about what I can expect from this part of China...
Take care, Ruben

No comments: