Wellington, 20.09.2007 English

Hi there!:)
I am in downtown Kiwi capital Wellington today!
After leaving Auckland and on the way to Rotorua, we stopped in Waitomo. We could do some 'Black water rafting'. I thought, that is fun: just sitting in a boat and some heavy water... Well, I can now tell you all that that is NOT the case. We had to wear a wet suit, a helmet and boots... We took all a tube with us and we entered into a cave. In the cave was a river and you jumped in the river and follow the flood actually. The water was ice cold, but because you are wearing that wet suit you do not freeze to death!:) It was totally fun. You do not feel your feet and fingers anymore after a while, but it was top adventure! And the funny thing was that I was the first so I basically had to do it first and the other ones you imitated me. Before jumping in the ice cold water, the instructor said:'You just let you fall in the water'... I felt how cold it was... It was ice water! I said:'Are you crazy? Well, tell to 3 and I jump...'. It was 100% fun!In Rotorua, I visited the thermals. That was so beautiful: boiling water is just coming out of the soil because of vulcano activity. I met a French girl and she recommended me to do a walk around the lake and up to the 'redwoods'. So I prepared a picknick and went the whole day 'hiking'. I was in the hostel again at 5pm and jumped straight into the hottub. OK, not a natural one, but the warm water was so relaxing... So I started to think...:"New Zealand is the country of 'I wanna have'... Since that I am here: I wanna have that beautiful New Zealand rugby T-shirt 'All backs', I wanna have a hottub in my garden, I wanna have a sheep (instead of a cat or dog now!)!? But one thing, we foreigners, can not buy in New Zealand. And that is the friendliness of the New Zealand population... Those people are so friendly. In the supermarket, in the bus, in the forest, EVERYWHERE, people just start talking to you "Hey bro, where you coming from? Do you like it here? etc."After Rotorua, I headed towards Taupo. We visited the wai-o-tapu national park with a lot of thermals! We arrived in Taupo at 3pm. I went immediately for a walk with Jane, a girl from London, I met on the bus. We walked for about 2 hours and then we started to look for a bus back into town... We saw that there was no bus anymore after 4pm... We had 2 options: walking back (again 2 hours) or hitch-hiking. We hitch-hiked and already the 3rd car took us into town. At night, we decided to go for '1 beer' with 2 Germans and 2 Canadians... I was in bed at 3am...:)This morning, we headed towards Kiwi-capital. We arrived here at lunch time. I wanted to stay here tomorrow as well, but there is no place left on the ferries for the 22nd. So I am leaving Wellington tomorrow in the afternoon. That is a pity, because I like this town and that means that I will have to spend the evening in a place called Picton on the South island. I heard that that place is not so 'waaaauwh', but I did already some sightseeing in Wellington today...
Saying goodbye now...BWR, Black Water Rubes!:)
PS: Belgium was in the news here. Apparently someone tried to sell Belgium via Ebay as a protest... Apparently we do not have a government yet 100 days after the elections... Am I going to see Belgium again in my life or am I going to return to the 'independant state of Flanders'???

No comments: