Brisbane, 12.09.2007 English

I arrived in Brisbane today. Brissie is not too bad. A lot of backpackers warned me that Brisbane was boring and ugly... So my expectations were not too high. I must admit that I think that Brissie is a nice, trendy town... OK, it is not as good as Sydney or Darwin, but certainly better than Alice Springs and Adelaide! The days before, I was in Hervey Bay and visited Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world. The highlight of Fraser Island for me was Lake McKenzie: a beautiful lake with pure white sand... Lovely.:))) The water was cold, but that was no barreer for me to swim in it.:) Tomorrow, I will leave Australia for 3 weeks and go to New Zealand. I have my flight to Auckland in the evening... Can't wait to go to Kiwiland!:) But hope that it will not be too cold. I am used to have at least 25 degrees all day!:) Now I have to go, cause my American girl friend, the one that I met in Cairns is waiting for me. We are going for a beer. C U, Ruben

No comments: